Table 1. Resin Characteristics
|Bead Size||60-160 µm|
|Flow Rate1||>30 mL/min (>1020 cm/hr) @ 25oC|
|Storage Temperature||2-8o C|
|Chemical Stability2||Stable in commonly used aqueous buffers, salts, detergents, and reducing agents. Compatible with <8M Urea, <6M Guanidine HCl, and 1M NaOH.|
|Physical Stability2||Negligible volume variation due to changes in pH or ionic strength.|
1Linear flow rate = volumetric flow rate (cm3/h)/column cross-sectional area (cm2)
2Data refer to the coupled product, provided that the ligand can withstand the pH or chemical environment. Please note the following: pH stability, long term refers to the pH interval where the medium is stable over a long period of time without adverse effects on its subsequent chromatographic performance. pH stability, short term refers to the pH interval for regeneration and cleaning procedures.
Instructions for Use
Before you start
1. Measure the required amount of suction-dried IDA Chelating Superflow 4 resin.
2. Wash the resin in a Buchner funnel or empty column with 5 bed volumes of DI water.
3. Remove the excess water by gentle suction and transfer the resin into a beaker or flask.
Charging IDA Chelating Superflow 4 with Divalent (M2+) metal ions
1. Prepare a 75mg/mL solution of the desired Divalent metal ion (M2+, M = Zn, Ni, Co, Cu, etc) in DI water.
2. Mix until all the metal ion solution is dissolved (~5 to 10 minutes).
3. Pour solution into vessel containing IDA Chelating Superflow 4 resin.
4. Allow mixture to shake/rock for 1 hour at room temperature.
5. After 1 hour, the coordination of the metal ion to the IDA Chelating Superflow 4 resin is complete. Pour the charged resin into a Buchner funnel and suction dry.
6. Wash resin with 10-20 bed volumes of DI water to remove addition/unchelated metal ions.
7. Suction dry resin to remove residual water.
8. Place metal coordinated IDA Chelating Superflow 4 in 0.5 bed volumes of 20% ethanol.
9. Store in 2-8oC.
NOTE: Although the use of sulfate counter ions (SO42-) is the most used form, other counter ions such as: Cl- and NO3- are also acceptable.
Uncoordinated IDA Chelating Superflow 4 (cat#37410) is supplied in 20% ethanol. Store at 2-8oC. Do not freeze. Do not expose the resin to acidic or basic conditions (unless it is prescribed in the instructions).
For technical service email email@example.com or call (760) 929-0455
To Download Instructions for use:
INST 37410SF4 IDA Chelating Superflow 4